What i Believe
My walk of faith began many years ago as a young girl when I accepted the saving grace of God’s gift of salvation.
As a young adult I ran from my faith in Christ and I stumbled my way through the next few years, but I serve a God of second chances and He has seen fit to call me into His service. Why he chooses to use this of a woman continually amazes me.My walk of faith is a path littered with potholes and missteps. I’ve fallen in the potholes and tripped over her own good deeds, but the blessing is she serves a Grace-filled and Merciful Savior who loves her and has called her into His service.
- I believe that Jesus Christ is “the way, the truth, and the life.” (John 14:6)
- I believe that “salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name, Jesus Christ, under heaven given to man by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12 )
- I believe “if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
- I believe that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” and can fully redeem and powerfully use even those who consider they have been “the worst.” (1 Timothy 1:15)
- I believe that all scripture is “God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” (2 Timothy 3:16)
- I believe we have been “baptized by one Spirit into one body” (1 Corinthians 12:13) and recognize the value and equality of all members of the body of Christ. We are “all one in Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 3:29)
- I believe in the ongoing work of sanctification by the Holy Spirit after redemption for the purpose of producing life changing fruit — love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and self-control. (Galatians 5:22)