Back in 2012, we took a two-week adventure down Route 66, America’s “Mother Road.” A podcast called Retro Road would not be complete without a series on the route, and today’s episode is the first in just such a series! We give an overview of this iconic and historic road through our own memories of one of our favorite adventures of all time!
You can listen here, or subscribe on iTunes, where we’d love to have your review! You can also listen on Stitcher and give us a rating if you’d like. And, of course, you can listen right here on the blog.
Enjoy the Show!
Mentioned in today’s show:
- Read about the history of the route (including the Dust Bowl era, tourist surge, and decommissioning of the road) from Wikipedia, here.
- What about those “certified bathrooms?” Read more here, from Michael Witzel’s book, Route 66 Remembered.
- Check out Michael Wallis’s terrific book: Route 66: The Mother Road
- For a comprehensive list of roadside attractions (including our favorites mentioned today), check out this page from TheRoute-66.com.
- Take a look at our favorite hotels from our trip:
Seems everyone is on Facebook, and we are no different! Come on over to the Retro Road Podcast Page, and give us a like and a hello! We love seeing old friends and meeting new ones!